STOP Not Writing... Now

A No B.S. Coaching Guide to Avoid the Avoidance Tricks of a Non-writing Writer

24 March

Cartoons of the Unfinished...

 






at 24 March
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Books, Not Writing, STOP Not Writing, Unfinished Books, Writer's Block, Writer's Life, Writers
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)


  • Who Are You Writing For?
      A man and a woman — he in his late 50s, she in her mid 40s — relax in a knotty pine paneled family room. Their easy chairs  — hers, an ove...
  • Word Count Quality vs Quantity - Into The Unknown...
      Some things cannot be accurately measured in art. That's what makes it art. Often, the professional artist has to gauge for themselves...
  • Your Writer Muscle - Get It a Trainer...
      Wacky Scenario... So, one day, I decide I'd like to be a body builder. I read one lousy article on the profession, get inspired, and s...
  • Visualize First, Write Second...
    I realize we writers write in different ways... I was told once that to be a visual writer is to be a rarity, but I think that's only a ...
  • The 5 Minute Writing Mindset Game...
      Photo Adelaide Club Not writing at all? Try this exercise:   When it's your time to write, sit down in front of your pad of paper or k...
  • Life Demands Your Attention? Don't Write...
      Yes. You read the title right. A blog solely dedicated to making you write every day is telling you NOT to write. Hey, I told you I'd ...
  • Writer Voice - Write You, Not Them...
      New writers... they're a special breed. Coming off eons of notebook navel-gazing scribbles and polished pro reading... these new scrib...
  • How To Take Your Book Idea Honeymoon to "The End"
          Oh, look. The Honeymoon phase of your new shiny idea has come to an end. Your prosaic partner has shed their wuvy-duviness and morphed...
  • Writer Evolution - Pantser to Plotter...
    I can see the pantser rioters forming outside my house... pitchforks in hand, chanting,  NO GO PLOTTER FOE! NO GO PLOTTER FOE! For a second,...
  • Plot, Character Passion - How Long Can the Love Story Last?
      Plot/Character Passion... How Long Can the Love Story Last? It had better be months, if not years, my fellow scribes, for a book-length wo...

B. J. Thompson - At a Glance...

B. J. Thompson - At a Glance...
Click my pretty cartoon face to take you there...
  • Home
  • Sitemap
  • LinkedIn
  • Medium
  • Instagram
  • Bluesky

Amazon eBook only $2.99 (Click pic)

Amazon eBook only $2.99 (Click pic)

Search STOP Not Writing Archives...

Possibly a more accurate representation of me...

Possibly a more accurate representation of me...
The New York Times


Who I see when I write...

Who I see when I write...
My parents, Mona and Leigh...

Little Lego Winston keeps me writing...

Little Lego Winston keeps me writing...

When I'm not writing, I'm reading...

When I'm not writing, I'm reading...

Jack keeps an eye on me, and whispers in my ear, "Courage, B. J., keep the faith."

Jack keeps an eye on me, and whispers in my ear, "Courage, B. J., keep the faith."

Sometimes driftwood from your past is all you need...

Sometimes driftwood from your past is all you need...

In the morning, "hot drugs," aka caffeine...

In the morning, "hot drugs," aka caffeine...

Over the yard arm, "cold drugs," aka wine...

Over the yard arm, "cold drugs," aka wine...


Click Logo for Amazon Author Page...

Click Logo for Amazon Author Page...



Copyright © Books by BJ Thompson